When I reflect on the legacy I want to leave behind, how people will remember me, it is simple.
She was a bit eccentric, driven, outspoken, and perhaps sometimes on the crazy side, but boy did she love JESUS!
I would be remiss to not have something on our website sharing where I have found my joy, my salvation, my purpose, my best friend. I have found all of these precious things through my relationship and belief in Jesus Christ. In today’s world, and to be honest, in the history of our world, faith seems to get muddied up and complicated, but it’s not. It really is simple.
This world is broken…I think we can all agree on that, and that is not how God intended it.
- “I (Jesus) have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” John 10:10
It is broken because of sin.
- “For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23
- “For the wages of sin is death, but the GIFT of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus or Lord.” Romans 6:23
Sin has separated us from God.
- “But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear.” Isaiah 59:2
THE GOOD NEWS! God loves us so much that he made a way, the only way, through the sacrifice of his holy son, Jesus Christ.
- “For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.” 1 Peter 3:18
Our Response…Simple… Acknowledge our sin and need for a savior, Believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, who was sent to live a blameless life, to pay a debt (our sin) that was not his, through his death…BECAUSE HE LOVES US!
- “If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
I pray that this blesses you, that you will know the unconditional love of Christ and the joy that comes from an intimate relationship with your creator.